Share this on Facebook
download .zip with all pictures
A revealing document captured from a German paratrooper who was taken prisoner in Greece reveals much of the Fallschirmjägers elite attitude. Titled the Ten Commandments it listed the following instructions:
* You are the chosen ones of the German Army. You shall seek combat and train yourselves to endure any manner of test. To you, battle shall be the fulfillment.
* Cultivate true comradeship, for by the aid of your comrades you will conquer or die.
* Beware of talking. Be not corruptible. Men act while women chatter. Chatter may bring you to the grave.
* Be calm and prudent, strong and resolute. Valour and enthusiasm of an offensive spirit will cause you to prevail in the attack.
* The most precious thing in the presence of the foe is ammunition. He who shoots uselessly, merely to comfort himself, is a man of straw who merits not the title of Fallschirmjäger.
* Never surrender; to you death or victory must be a point of honour.
* You can triumph only if your weapons are good. See to it that you submit yourself to this law – first thy weapon, then thyself.
* You must grasp the full purpose of every enterprise, so that if your leader is killed you can fulfill it.
* Against an open foe, fight with chivalry, but to a guerrilla, extend no quarter.
* Keep your eyes wide open. Tune yourself to the utmost pitch. Be nimble as a greyhound, tough as leather, hard as Krupp steel. You shall be the German warrior incarnate
We still had them hanging on a Wall in the Entrance of our Bundeswehr Fallschirmjäger Company Building in 1990 during Basic Training… But the recent decades did taker care of that…